Let’s look through a brief history about our school.
The new school started its work in two study buildings in September 1957: the old school building of Kesk Street and the school building of Salme Street.
In August 1959, under the leadership of the legendary lecturer Vello Saage (1922-1991) the first number of the school almanachi TIPA-TAPA was published until 1977.
In September 1965, literary classes began to work. Vello Saage supervised school theatre and speech choirs, organized literature days and literary trips.
In 1967, Vello Punning, a physics teacher, came to work under the supervision of whom the student photography began to operate until 1997.
In 1986, the Finnish language was taught in literary classes, later on to all gymnastics. Cooperation with the Finnish Institute and the Finnish Embassy in Estonia began.
The annual Vello Saage poetry competition began in 1993.
In 2005, together with the Forssa Gymnasium, participation in the programme “Friendship Schools in Europe/e-twinning” was started.
In the autumn of 2005, the secondary school introduced a training course on re-creation management in cooperation with the Tartu Vocational Education Centre.
In 2007, the study direction of literature and media and the study direction of nature in cooperation with Tartu Loodusmaja were introduced in primary school from the 7th grade.
In 2007-2013, Spanish is taught as the fourth foreign language in the secondary school.
In November 2012, the first collection of research works of students will be published “Research learning expands the horizon”.
From September 2013 the school continued to work as primary school and was named Tartu Forselius School.
As of September 2015, Jüri Sasi took up the post of head of school, led by major changes in the school. In September of the same year, Kristi Mumm started as a director of studies, who led the development of a “Ahhaalik” school model in cooperation with the AHHAA Research Centre and the University of Tartu.